Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Burgundy is the color of hot water bottles


Kinky Boots-
So a long time ago someone told me I would like this movie. Then my netflix recommended it to me. And I went for it.
This wasn't a bad movie...... it just wasn't that good. The dialog was on par with a Hallmark movie. Remember that haircut movie we saw, and the lady had a tattoo on her head? Blow Dry? It was kinda a lot like that. This guy inherits his family's shoe factory, and in order to save the business he starts making boots for Drag Queens.
The thing is they were obviously trying to make a movie for the gay audience. This is obvious not because of the subject matter, but because the love interest of the movie could be best described as looking like "a bag of buttons". She was this pixie hair cut 13-year-old boy of a woman.
But even worse was the antagonist female role. The woman looked like a bulldog! Her under-bite was under-belivable!
Anyway I'm going to go the way of Kissing Jessica Stein and give this a Fabi-Oh-No. Save yourself the place on your netflix queue and rent Mr.Show instead.

No comments: