Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Colorboards

Not that I've been doing any design in my free time lately, but I do enjoy color combos in general and for other uses. I figured a good way to use up some spare time without feeling the pressure to create something out of nothing, would be to make color palettes for possible future use. I think most of the time when I'm inspired by color its more for fashion purposes.
I've been having a not-so-secret love affair with nautical colors for a few years now, as culminated in last years SOHO quest for a simple red tank top (thank you, Top Shop) just to pair with my new navy + white striped cardigan.

Here are two color palettes I created a little while ago that I just enjoy gazing at. A classic red/blue/navy combo and my new favorite combo (sparked by the newest additions to my shoe family - navy blue keds-like sneakers and yellow peeptoe flats).

I think neutrals are in this year, or so I believe I've heard. so i think i may actually break my life-long hatred of khakis and give them a chance this year. boyfriend-style of course.



No comments: